This is my first time making a burlap banner. I thought I would share a little bit about my process in making it. Also, the invitation I made for this same shower. She is going to put the banner on the wall above the crib. :) So cute!!!
I am loving all the unique color combinations I have been getting lately for baby showers. Not your usual pink, blue, greens an yellows.
1. Cut out letters with cutting machine (or you could use stencils).
2. I sprayed adhesived (tacky only type) the outside of the letter.
3. Do not spray the letter (I just used this to guide the center of
4. Tacky spray the center.
5. Remove letter and now you have your perfectly centered letter
6. Using a sponge dauber I painted the letters using acrylic paint
with a stenciling type motion. (dab, dab, dab)
7. Let dry and then carefully remove stencil.
8. I then stitched around the edges with a contrasting thread to
give it some pop!
I then just sewed on some ribbon and hot glued some flowers.
Here is the invitation I created. I am loving learning how to use Adobe Photoshop. Thankfully my son has been a very patient teacher. LOL! These are all the colors of the nursery. <3 <3 <3
Until next time...