Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Finnish Star Ornaments...

Hello Crafty Friends...

I found this beautiful star over on Pinterest.com and had to make an ornament out of it.  I am sure that is what it's intentions are, not sure what else I would use it for.  :)  I found the original directions that were used here, and used the measurements from this blog here.  The directions were a bit confusing so I did them a little differently so the looked more like the ones in the one where I got the measurements.

I made one in the 1/2 inch by 6" size strips and then one in the 1/4 by 3" size.  Then I layered them on top of each other attached with a brad (all the way through the smaller one and only on the top layer of the large one).  I used an eyelet at one of the top corners to add my ribbon for extra strength.

I highly recommend using the Scotch brand quick dry glue, as this made it go fast and double sided card stock.  Oh yeah, a great tip...I used my Martha Stewart score board to help me align my strips so they were evenly spaced ( I turned it upside down).  I was going to make a tutorial but I only have 2 hands, LOL, and my daughter is in her last few weeks of college and studying for exams, so she hasn't been available to help me take pics while I hold the pieces together.  :(  If you have any questions, please email me and I will try my best to help you.  :)    Anyways, here they are...






Just an FYI...make sure your double sided paper
doesn't have one of those sku strips on one side, haha.
Luckily I was able to hide the sku with a snowflake eyelet. Not
so much the white part.  LOL!
Oops!  
I hope you like...time to make some more.  TTFN!


1 comment:

  1. You gotta love pinterest! I get a lot of my ideas from there. Your ornaments are beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my Crafty Friends!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION! MyNeed2Craft by Terri Deavers is currently undergoing some changes!  Stay tuned!