Saturday, January 11, 2014

Daughters new apartment...

Hello Crafty Friends!

My middle daughter moved into her own apartment this summer, and have we been having fun decorating. She is a very frugal young lady so we did a lot of refurbishing and hand making.  Where she moved they allow you to paint, as long as you paint it back before you move.  AWESOME!!!  We love color.  She has done an accent wall in every room.

Here are just a few items we ("I") made.  LOL!

Soon we are going to make a roman shade
out of that mini blind.  Here little kitty
darlings have already ruined some of the slats.




I don't know if you have an Ikea store near you, but they have some GREAT fabrics.  We paid $7.99 for one yard of this fabric and I made a kitchen curtain and 2 pillows.  They even have the pillow forms really cheap.  Love it!!!





My son dismantled the furniture for me so I didn't get a before shot.  She got these great tables from a friends garage sale and we ("I") refinished them using Rust-oleum's new furniture refinish kit.  Love it!!!

You can have this tinted so many different colors.  We did Espresso.  Was a little
more brown than she wanted, but ended up matching all the dark
doors and other pieces of furniture she
had. 
Got a really cute knob that matched all
her colors at Hobby Lobby.  
We also did an end table.  We have been having so much fun decorating her little place.  Good thing she has a crafty mom.  ;)  LOL!  Next we are going to make a matching curtain for the living room sliding glass doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my Crafty Friends!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION! MyNeed2Craft by Terri Deavers is currently undergoing some changes!  Stay tuned!