Friday, December 10, 2010

Bag #2

Today between running all over town I managed to finish 4 bags that I cut out the day before.

I again, up all night with ideas, decided to embellish them with paper ribbon and bows.  I had this great idea to make a ribbon .svg cut using my inkscape.  I fidgeted around with some ideas and then I was checking out my blog reader and saw this post from one of my favorite sites SVGCuts.com, where I have downloaded for free (as well as purchased) a lot of there files.  One of their design team members, Thienly Azim, made a beautiful paper ornament out of, guess what?, Rosie's Ribbon Strips, from, SVGCuts.com.  :)  So I went to their site and purchased the files.  Lot's of ribbon patterns to choose from.  Made my life so much easier as they had the exact style cut I was looking for.  Well, except that it was only one sided.  So with my Sure Cuts A Lot 2 software, I cut and paste, flipped and learned to weld.  Perfect, just what was in my head all night last night.  :)  I really love their site.  Here is the link to Thienly Azim's blog: modpaperie.blogspot.com to check out the ornament.  And you can check out SVGCuts.com for their Rosie's Ribbon Strips file.  Oh yeah, and the bag and bow came from their Christmas Gift Bags and Boxes for the bow and Big Boutique Boxes for the bag.

Here is what it looks like:

Christmas Gift Bag


Sorry that I wasn't able to do any direct links to their sites, still learning this whole blog thing.

<3 Terri

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me and putting a link :) I really do love that Rosie's Ribbon Strips SVG Collection - you can do so much with it, and love how you used to embellish the gift box!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my Crafty Friends!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION! MyNeed2Craft by Terri Deavers is currently undergoing some changes!  Stay tuned!